Copyright 2022 - Emory University, University of Georgia Research Foundation, Inc.
1. Grant of License and Restrictions on Use. The CTSA Members hereby grant You a non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable license to use the Site and the Services and Products in accordance with these Terms. You may not publicly display, distribute, license, sell, or otherwise transfer the Site or the Services and Products to any third party. You may access and reproduce the Site or the Services and Products only as strictly necessary for Your private, informational use of the Site or the Services and Products for their intended purpose. If you wish to make third parties aware of the Site or the Services and Products, please refer them to the Site. The license granted above does not authorize You to send the Services and Products directly to a third party. The CTSA Members expect to update the Services and Products as made available on the Site from time to time. The CTSA Members offer no representations or warranties and accept no liability for the original or any modified versions of the Services and Products. In return for providing You the license, You acknowledge and agree to the following:
- You agree to receive emails and/or be contacted via the contact information You provide on the Site. You may also receive messages from other users of the Site, which you can opt out of at any time. The Site may send You emails about updates to the system, changes in policy, and surveys for improvement.
- You agree to share only the information and content You have a right to share. You cannot upload information about someone else, other institutions, and entities.
- You agree not to misrepresent Your identity or create a false identity on the Site. The content You provide should be truthful.
- You agree that the Site collects and uses Your data and the information You provide through the use of the Services for the evaluation, research, and improvement of the Site and Services. Please consult the Site’s Privacy/Cookies Policy for more information about how Your data is collected and used.
2. Reservation of Rights. The CTSA Members retain all the right, title, and interest in and to the Site and the Services and Products, including but not limited to all copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, and other proprietary rights. Any use not explicitly authorized by the license above is prohibited. Without limiting the foregoing, all commercial use, and any further reproduction, display, distribution, or modification for commercial use, is prohibited.
- The materials and information provided or accessed in the Site or otherwise by the Services and Products are for general informational use and are not intended to provide advice for which a qualified professional should be consulted. Such materials and information are solely the responsibility of their respective authors and do not necessarily represent the official views of the CTSA Members.
- The Site and the information and content provided on or accessed through it are intended for use within the United States (“U.S.”). Use of the Site and the Services and Products described on the Site may be subject to additional laws and regulations or otherwise prohibited or restricted in countries outside the U.S. If you use or access the Site from outside the U.S. you do so at your own risk and are fully responsible for complying with the laws and regulations of the territory from which you access or use this web site. It is your responsibility to comply with local, state, federal, and international laws applicable to Your use of the Site and the information and content provided on or accessed through the Site.
4. Acknowledgement of Federal Funding. The Site was developed using funding from the National Center For Advancing Translational Sciences of the National Institutes of Health under Award Number UL 1TR002378. The materials and information are solely the responsibility of their respective authors and do not necessarily represent the official views of the National Institutes of Health.
5. Links to Third Party Resources. The Site may link, provide access to, or otherwise direct You to third party websites, services, or resources. The CTSA Members hereby disclaim any and all representations and warranties regarding, and are not responsible for the contents of, or any links contained in, any third-party websites, services, or resources. The Site provides such links and access to You solely as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link or access does not constitute any endorsement or approval by the CTSA Members, express or implied, of such websites, services, or resources or of the corporations, organization, or individuals who control the linked sites. You should contact the external site for answers to questions regarding its content.
6. Disclaimer of Warranties. EXCEPT AS SPECIFICALLY DESCRIBED IN THESE TERMS, THE SITE AND ALL SERVICES AND PRODUCTS ARE PROVIDED AS IS WITH ALL FAULTS, AND THE CTSA MEMBERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS AND EXTEND NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE SITE OR THE SERVICES AND PRODUCTS. EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY LAW, THE CTSA MEMBERS HEREBY DISCLAIM ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, THAT THE USE OF THE SITE OR THE SERVICES AND PRODUCTS WILL NOT INFRINGE ANY PATENT, COPYRIGHT, TRADEMARK, OR OTHER PROPRIETARY RIGHTS, OR ACCURACY OF ANY OUTPUT. EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY LAW, THE CTSA MEMBERS DISCLAIM ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY THAT THE SITE OR THE SERVICES AND PRODUCTS WILL BE ERROR-FREE. EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY LAW, THE CTSA MEMBERS HEREBY DISCLAIM ANY REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY, OR OBLIGATION, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, TO PROVIDE SUPPORT OR OTHER SERVICES RELATED TO THE SITE OR THE SERVICES AND PRODUCTS.
7. No Liability. EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY LAW, THE CTSA MEMBERS DISCLAIM AND ARE HEREBY RELEASED FROM ALL LIABILITY FOR, AND YOU ASSUME ALL LIABILITY FOR, ANY DAMAGES, LOSSES, CLAIMS, OR DEMANDS ARISING FROM OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THE USE OF THE SITE OR THE SERVICES AND PRODUCTS. EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY CTSA MEMBER BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, WHETHER COMPENSATORY, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, DIRECT, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THE USE OF THE SITE OR THE SERVICES AND PRODUCTS.
8. Compliance with Law. You agree that any use of the Site or the Services and Products by You shall comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
9. Removal of Materials; Termination of License. The CTSA Members may, in their sole discretion, remove any or all materials from the Site at any time. The CTSA Members may, in their sole discretion, terminate your license to access or use the Site or the Services and Products, or any portion thereof, even if the relevant materials continue to be made available to others.
10. Entire Agreement; Severability. These Terms are the entire agreement between You and the CTSA Members relating to Your access to and any use of the Site or the Services and Products, and they supersede all prior or contemporaneous oral or written communications, proposals, or representations with respect to the Site or the Services and the Products, and any other content found on the repository website. If any provision of these Terms is held to be void, invalid, unenforceable, illegal, or superseded by another agreement, the other provisions shall continue in full force and effect.
11. Amendment. The CTSA Members may amend these Terms at any time, and such amendments shall be effective upon posting to the Site.